Join your friends for a weekend adventure in Kentucky’s Red River Gorge! Leave behind your busy schedule, disconnect from your devices, and rediscover the excitement of physical challenge, the calm of natural places, and the freedom of a road trip with fun people.
Summer Journeys brings together diverse groups of students from the Grand Rapids area. When you return, you will be invigorated by adventures, connected to new friends, and more aware of places and communities.
Join the Adventure – Register here! Complete the forms Review the packing list Make a payment
Preparation and itinerary
- Friday, May 12: Meet for ice cream at Jersey Junction! 5-6 pm
- Thursday, May 18: meet at Forest Hills Foods, leave at 3:30, stay in Lexington/Lousiville hotel
- Friday, May 19: Hot breakfast, drive to Mammoth Cave National Park, explore and adventure!
- Friday evening:Night hike, campfire,storytelling, journaling/reflection, etc.
- Saturday, May 20: Hot Breakfast, drive to Torrent Falls for via ferrata climbing!
- Saturday afternoon/evening: ice cream, amazing hikes, swimming, hiking to our campsite, campfire
- Sunday, May 21: leave Red River Gorge about 11:00 am, dinner on the road, in Grand Rapids about 8:00 pm.
Cost and payments
- $100 deposit by February 28, $499 balance by May 1
- Pay online with "make a payment" link on this page
- Make checks payable to Summer Journeys, and send to Summer Journeys, 2006 Wealthy St. SE #201 Grand Rapids, MI 49506